Apply NOW for the Class of 2018!
Application Due Date July 31
Click here for 2018 JLP Fact Sheet
Click here for the School Approval Form to accompany your application!
The Junior Leadership Program is designed as a nine-month program for high school sophomores and juniors to acquire leadership skills and increase civic engagement. The program focuses on 21st Century skill development including collaboration, critical thinking, communication, creativity, life and career skills, and information technology skills.
Monthly program days provide students with a behind-the-scenes look at Lake County through on-site visits, guest speakers, and experiential learning activities.
Students are introduced to various sectors of the county including government, health and human services, business, and recreation. A class project fosters the development of leadership skills and service learning through a community service project requiring research, action and reflection.
The Junior Leadership Program is funded by tuition, corporate sponsorships and grants from the Martha Holden Jennings Foundation, The Lubrizol Corporation, Lincoln Electric, Lake Health, and Christ Child Society of the Western Reserve.
- Classes: Meet on the first or second Wednesday each month from September through May from 7:30 am – 2:30 pm.
- Tuition: $425. Tuition is nonrefundable.
- Participants: Participants are high school sophomores and juniors attending school or residing in Lake County. We aim to have all schools represented in each program year. A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required for consideration. Applications are accepted from freshman and sophomore students for acceptance into the program for the following academic year.
- Time expectation: In addition to time spent in program days, the class organizes and implements a service project during the course of the program year to further develop leadership skills.
- Graduation: Program participants will be recognized at a Graduation reception on Wednesday, May 2, 2018. Participants must meet all of the program requirements to be eligible for graduation.
For more information, contact Jennie Best, Program Manager at 440.290.7933 or email@example.com.